SIA Youth Scholarships Singapore Airlines Scholarships
The SIA Youth Scholarships Singapore Airlines Scholarship is for two years leading to the award of the Singapore Cambridge General Education (GCE ‘A’) level or similar certificate. Candidate doing well in the GCE “A” level or equivalent examination may apply for the UG scholarship offered by the National University of Singapore or Nanyang Technological University. For Pre University education, the scholarship is for the tenure of two years in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually only if the student’s performance found satisfactory.
Eligibility for SIA Youth Scholarships Singapore Airlines Scholarships
• Candidate applying for the scholarship must be an Indian Citizen.
• For the academic session of 2011, candidate must be born between 1992 and 1994.
• Must have completed class 10 in the year 2010
• Must possess excellent academic record with at least 85% with English as one of its first language in the 10 state/national examinations
Important dates to remember
Candidate seeking scholarship must send the duly filled application form to the office within 1 June to 15 July. Selection test usually conducts in the end of August to early September. Interview for the selection happens in the month of November. Scholarship award is presented in the mid or late November. Scholars were sent to Singapore in January or early February.
Candidates shortlisted for the interview will be notified before a week of selection or interview dates. Only short listed candidates are contacted. Normally, test and interview happens at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai. While applying, candidate needs to mention two places where he can appear for the test or for interview if required.
Features of scholarships
• Scholars will be entitle to receive allowance of Singapore dollar 2400 per annum with accommodation.
• Settling in allowance of Singapore dollar 500.
• Economy class air fare to Singapore and back to home country upon completion of course.